Aug 12, 2014

Seashell Candles



seashell candles


Do you collect seashells at the seashore?

seashells

Here's a fun idea to use some shells 
for your outdoor decor.


You'll need:
clam shells
wax 
wicks
clay pot saucer
sand 

I used a pack of tea light candles that I picked up at a tag sale for .10 cents. 

tea light candles, wicks removed

The tea lights were my wax & wicks, the wicks have a tiny metal base and slip right out of the candle. Then I dropped the "wickless" candle into a tin can to melt on the side burner of my grill. 

When the wax was completely melted, I dipped the wicks into the liquid wax and placed them in my seashells to secure them. Next, in went the wax. They cooled in minutes.


saucers with seashell candles


I had more wax then shells so I poured the remaining wax in tin cupcake cups to use as wax melts for another craft at a later time!


wax melts


Simple outdoor decor!


Seashell candle outdoor decor

Do you collect souvenirs from your vacations?
How do you display them? 


Follow on Bloglovin
♥ Follow Me On Bloglovin'

scroll down to see where I'll be sharing today's post.

4 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful. What a wonderful outside decoration! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always end up toting bags of shells back from the beach, but rarely do we ever do anything with them. What a great idea this is, Maria! So fun, and useful, and a great way to incorporate those beach souvenirs! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful project Maria, Living by the beach I just love that idea. I might give it a try.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART August linky party, Have a Blessed day, DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com



    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I enjoy hearing from you!
Blessings, Maria