Jul 1, 2014

Recycle - wooden block flag - Americana Decor

Hello July!

Summer is in full swing this week,
with it's hot, hazy & humid weather.

As much as I enjoy this season for
gardening, I do not enjoy the heat!
So, for the next two months you will
find me cowering in the air-conditioned
house!

wooden block flag

If you're hiding in the cool air too, 
here's a quick & easy project to make!

A wooden block flag!

You'll need some wood scraps & paint!
I used 2x4's, a 4x4 block and Krylon spray paint.

Or have the kiddos join in 
with their brushes & paint!


wood scraps


These wooden scraps would have
gone into the kindling box for the 
winter if I hadn't rescued them!


wooden block flag 


I made extra white blocks 
to change it up a bit
throughout the seasons!

interchangeable blocks, wooden flag


I have so much fun seeing the 
potential in a piece of "trash" 
and turning it into a treasure!

Do you re-purpose your trash??





Follow on Bloglovin
♥ Follow Me On Bloglovin'


scroll down to see where I'm sharing today's post.

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love every little thing about this sweet project, Maria! You know I'm crazy about home decor for the holidays, so this really hits the spot with me. Plus, I'm a huge fan of creating art from recycled materials. So you get bonus point there! And how clever you are to make an extra block to change out for other holidays. This would work really well for Labor Day, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun idea!! Super cute!! I recycle my coffee cans and store scraps of ribbon, glue dots, & flowers.
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute project!!! I don't do very much with wood, but that looks like a fun thing to have for my little granddaughter to play with. :) Thanks for sharing!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I enjoy hearing from you!
Blessings, Maria